Hypertension is similar to the ticking bomb as it is a well-known disorder now. This is very difficult for a woman during pregnancy to deal with such things. Usually, a person does have hypertension after a certain age, but women are more likely to have hypertension only if they have had gestational hypertension. Gestational hypertension is a complex term used to simply state, women do have hypertension during their pregnancy.
Several women do think, gestational hypertension does have too much of a negative effect on health. Well, this is wrong, women do not have to buy Misoprostol or Mifepristone tablet to get rid of such gestation.
Reasons behind gestational hypertension
The exact reasons for having gestational hypertension are not known, but some of the common reasons include:
- Kidney infection
- The age is younger than 20 years or older than 40 years
- Having diabetes
- Having high blood pressure in the past or previous pregnancy
Symptoms that indicate about gestational hypertension
There are certain symptoms that indicate such disorder and include:
- Edema (swelling)
- Sudden weight gain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Body producing small amounts of urine
- Change in vision such as double vision or blurred vision
- Headache that doesn’t go away easily
Following the medical protocols
There are certain medical protocols that one need to follow
Monitoring the blood pressure
It is necessary that your blood pressure must be monitored frequently. This is one of the best methods that helps to know what treatment works for you.
Hence, do not forget to visit frequently during this period to the health care provider.
Below mentioned things are checked when you have a diagnosis:
- Non-stress testing
- Fetal movement counting
- Doppler flow studies
- Biophysical profile
Usually, when women are diagnosed with gestational hypertension, you’re prescribed to use corticosteroids. This is usually prescribed so that it doesn’t affect the formation of the baby’s lungs. There are cases wherein, women do deliver the infant before the due date and when such are the cases, you’re prescribed with the gestational hypertension medicaments.
Once, women are diagnosed with gestational hypertension, ensure that you do have urine and blood test. This will help one know whether the situation is getting improved or worsen. It is necessary that women must undergo lab testing only if prescribed by a health care provider.
Things that one need to know about gestational hypertension
- Gestational hypertension is a type of disorder that occurs due to high blood pressure in pregnancy and this occurs in 3 women out of 50 during gestation.
- The main motive of this treating this disorder is to control its worsening state.
- Give a call to a health care provider if you have signs of high blood pressure, swelling, double vision and you urinate less than normal.
- Gestational hypertension can affect the health of the mother as well as the baby and everything depends upon how severe is the issue.
- During pregnancy, treating gestational hypertension is necessary and most women who have gestational hypertension are likely to have blood pressure in the future. Be it gestational diabetes or hypertension, follow the medical protocol that helps to treat the disorder.