People facing an unwanted pregnancy who are willing to abort the fetus have this big confusion as to what should be preferred a non-surgical abortion or a surgical abortion. So many people have been debating over this and still have not come across any solution. Below mentioned are some of the facts about both medical and surgical abortion so you can decide which one is the most preferable and safest option for you.
As per a recent research, it has been seen that about 80,000 women undergo surgical abortion every year. Usually, people tend to undergo this type in the first trimester (14 weeks) as well as second trimester (20 to 24 weeks). As per doctors advice if a surgical abortion is carried out in the first trimester it does not involve any complications whereas if it has been carried out in the second trimester it tends to show up with some complications and risk.
In the first trimester usually, the surgical abortion is carried out through twilight sedation. You are also been suggested with the option of anesthetic. When anesthetic comes into action a tiny tube is been introduced into the uterus. A mild suction is been applied which helps remove the uterus and other parts of pregnancy. This surgical abortion takes about 10 to 15 minutes but if you count from the time you have come to the clinic till recovery it takes you about 4 to 5 hours. Once the surgical abortion comes to an end and the effects are lowered with an aftercare guide you can make a move back to home.
Some surgeries tend to bring some sort of complications which can be worst although surgical abortion is said to be the safest in some countries. Some of the complications that might come your way when undergoing a surgical abortion are-
- An incomplete abortion is one of the dangerous complications one can face which occurs when even the slightest of pregnancy part remains in the womb. This leads women to continuous bleeding followed by heavy cramps. When anything as such happens, the whole procedure is supposed to be repeated. This is the reason why it is always recommended to undergo an ultrasound to check if abortion has taken place completely or not.
- Some women are likely to face infections which are pretty uncommon. To avoid this patient is always provided with the desired antibiotics.
- It is very important to carry out the procedure through an experienced surgeon because in very rare cases you might face perforation of uterus wherein the instruments might make a hole in the walls.
Making the right choice is essential as medical abortions work best when opted during the ending of a pregnancy that is 63 to 70 days old. People tend to opt for a surgery even this time span which includes risks so one must rather opt for a medical abortion for 10 weeks older pregnancy. It is very easy to carry out an abortion at home as you can buy abortion pill online.
You can undergo abortion process very easily by making use of this amazing MTP Kit which includes Mifepristone and Misoprostol. These two medicines together combine for ending an unwanted pregnancy. All you need to do is have one pill of Mifepristone on the very first day when you have planned for an abortion. Next 4 tablets of Misoprostol are supposed to be consumed either buccally or vaginally. You will start experiencing heavy cramps and severe blood shedding which indicates that abortion has started. Make sure to check after 14 days whether the uterus has been successfully aborted or not.
Many people opt for a Medical abortion over Surgical for ending their first trimester because-
- It does not involve anesthetic
- Provides privacy
- Best non-invasive method
- Does not involve any surgical risks
- Inexpensive as compared to surgical abortion