Medical abortions have been carried out more than a surgical abortion these days. As per a recent study, it has been noticed that women usually prefer termination of their pregnancy with the help of medical pills rather than opting for an invasive manner. Medical care is a must before and after abortion which also differs in case of a medical or a surgical abortion. We can also call a medical abortion as miscarriage as it happens after you buy MTP kit and consume it. You are required to take the pill and within 2 days you face severe bleeding which then indicates that abortion has successfully taken place. The care and concern in both the cases differ and it is mandatory that you take desired precautions.
Medical abortions are usually taken place by consumption of these two abortion pills which are Mifepristone and Misoprostol. These 5tablets altogether helps a woman to face a safe termination of an unwanted pregnancy.
Take Care of the following before medical abortion
- Let your doctor know about the current or past medications you have been taking
- The location of the embryo is necessary to be detected for which it is essential to undergo a physical test which can also confirm the time duration of your pregnancy.
- An ultrasound is essential before and after a medical abortion
- You must never take such decisions in a hurry, rather share your views and feelings with someone you are comfortable with and let them know if you really want to opt for this abortion.
- Let your doctor know if you have any plans to get pregnant in recent times or even if you have no plans to continue ever in future.
- Take a detailed note of the side effects which can hit a woman after consumption of the abortion pills so that one can be mentally and physically prepared to face it. Possible side effects are diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, excessive bleeding (way more than a usual menstrual cycle)
- It is also important for a woman to have access to a telephone or any instant means to communicate in case of inconvenience.
- Also in case of an emergency transport facility should be handy to avoid delay in treatment.
- Doctors will always suggest a person be with your partner or someone you are comfortable with while carrying out a medical abortion.
- Be well prepared for the abdominal cramps which happen while a person is facing contractions or heavy bleeding.
- If one time medicines do not work you can repeat the dosage again under the guidance of the doctor. Also when medical abortions do no work at all you have to go through surgical abortion only.
- Some women are normal even in a day or two but still, they are not advised to exercise for minimum 1 to 2 weeks. Also, avoid lifting any heavy things for at least a week.
- Sexual intercourse is strictly not advised for 2 weeks.
- To avoid the risk of infection it is advised not to wash your genital area with any fluid.